Need help getting your hema event off to a success? We're here to help.
The Events GC member is responsible for distributing the HEMAA Events Policy and maintaining the necessary paperwork. They are the contact point for event organizers. When you're ready to make your event Sponsored or Supported by the HEMAA, feel free to contact us.
The HEMAA Events policy determines how the Alliance recognizes an event and what services can be offered. The Alliance bylaws have two relevant clauses in regards to events.
Membership Dues Membership dues will not be used for equipment or events that primarily benefit a single region, club, or chapter.
Section 2 – Events
- Events and event-fees will be planned to be self-sustaining and not draw permanently on operating funds.
- An event has to have planners, a location, a size, and meet the needs of the HEMA community.
- The HEMAA does not recognize a flagship event.
- The HEMAA can recognize an event as either Sponsored by or Supported by the Alliance. Sponsored events have more requirements but are granted preferential treatment and services.
- HEMAA Member Discount – Events who work with the HEMA Alliance as Sponsored/ Supported need to offer HEMA Alliance members a 10% or 10 dollar off (whichever is greater) discount on the total event price. For Sponsored Events, this would be for the entire registration period. For Supported events, the discount can be a limited time offer. This will encourage HEMAA members to go to the event.
Sponsored Event Requirements
- Sign the Sponsored Event Agreement
- Meet the HEMAA bylaws in regards to events in that they are designed to be self-sustaining. To verify this a sponsored event must have open accounting books which are available to the Events GC member.Must have liability insurance for the event. Insurance can be provided privately or by the HEMAA.
- A sponsored event must have a minimum of one HEMAA member as a planner. This member must be financially involved with the event, must have been a member of the HEMAA for at least one year, and will be the direct contact point for the Events GC member. The more HEMAA members involved in the planning and financing of an event, the more support the HEMAA will be willing to offer as a service to our members.
- The size of a sponsored event will influence the support the HEMAA will be willing to offer.
Sponsored Event Services
The following services are not guaranteed to an event and will be determined by the financial means of the HEMAA at the time as well as the size of the event in question. Use of the title HEMA Alliance Sponsored Event, as well as the HEMA Alliance logos. Use of the forum to promote their event as well as our Facebook.
Examples of services:
Money for a service. Example: $75 to pay for Longpoint livestream in exchange for advertisement.
Subsidy for Banners Weapon Rentals
As the means and capacity of the HEMAA grows, the list of services will as well.
The GC would vote on approval of any expenditures. Requests for a service can be made to the Events GC member.
Supported Event Requirements
The event must have liability insurance. Insurance can be provided privately or by the HEMAA (link to our insurance page). The size of a sponsored event will influence the support the HEMAA will be willing to offer.
Supported Event Services
- Use the title HEMAA Supported event, and can use the 'We Support the HEMA Alliance' logo.
- Use of the forum to promote their event as well as our Facebook
- Money for a service. EX: $75 to pay for Longpoint livestream in exchange for advertisement.
- The GC would vote on approval of any expenditures.